So I was nominated by Kate over at frame tale http://frametale.wordpress.com for the Beautiful Blogger award. THANK YOU! It’s hard for me to believe that people are actually reading me (except for, like, my BFF’s and my sister who are required to read what ever I write).
Here are the rules as I understand them:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award 2. Paste the award on your blog 3. Link the person who nominated you for the award 4. Nominate 7 bloggers 5. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominated 6. Post 7 random things about you.
Okay, so 1, 2 & 3 are taken care of.
Let’s do the 7 random things:
1. I don’t believe in total honesty. Especially not where my child is concerned. There’s no reason to give him information that might damage him, his future relationship with his father, or make him feel bad about himself. So I give him a version of the truth, and then put a present under the tree with Dad on the tag and let him go right on believing that Santa helped his dad get his present to him. The grin on his face was worth it, totally.
2. Dragon’s Champion was written on a whim. I thought to myself… What would happen if a girl were tied to a tree, being held hostage by a band of brigands and it was actually a step UP from where she had been? From there, it was all about what I could throw at her next.
3. Pink is my favorite color.
4. 2 of my best friends fled California. For a while, I thought maybe it was me, but it wasn’t. We keep in fairly close contact thanks to cell phones and Face Book! One of them actually found me again through this blog, back in its early days!
5. I secretly wish I could dance. But I can’t.
6. I sound like a frog in a blender when I sing…
7. But I do it anyways… Loudly and with joy!
Now my nominations humble me in their honest looks at their lives, their writing or what have you. There’s something amazing about reading that sort of blog, and here they are, in no certain order.